This firm-to-deep massage is designed to work out those knots and kinks that we all get from time to time. The pressure used is deeper than the Swedish massage but is not designed to change the structure of the muscles or fascia. Working out those tight and sore muscles can restore range of motion and relieve pain.
Deep Tissue Body Work
Often prescribed by doctors, this specialized method of soft tissue manipulation helps break down fascia that supports muscle tissue. The fascia often binds with the muscles and connective tissues, which we often experience as hard knots in the neck and shoulders. This technique is especially effective for areas of chronic pain.
Preganancy is a time of changes, some eagerly embraced, and others less welcome. Your entire body adapts to the new life growing within you. You also face important life changes at home or at work, with family or friends. You need and deserve support, especially since two people now depend on your health and vitality. Massage is a wonderful way to relax, increase your energy, and relieve discomfort during your pregnancy.
- Releases muscular tension and the pain it causes
- Increases flexibility, making it easier for your body to adjust to a changing shape Ease constipation, gas and heartburn as general relaxation stimulates intestinal movement
- Reduce excess fluid retention by gently pushing fluid into circulation where it can be eliminated
- Slow the progress of varicose veins as enhanced circulation lowers pressure on bulging veins
- Relieve headaches caused by tension, constipation, or buildup of metabolic waste products